Amcrest is one of the most popular names for home and business security solutions. Here is Amcrest Camera Setup to put an end to all your queries. Amcrest offers a variety of security and surveillance equipment with advanced features at budget-friendly prices. The brand has also introduced a wide range of security cameras with LED lights, infrared, night vision, and other desirable features.
Amcrest cameras are generally suitable for those who are comfortable with DIY setups and don’t prefer professional assistance. Setting up these cameras is easy if you are familiar with the equipment and can follow the user manual. In this guide, we see how you can set up your Amcrest camera in easy steps. This guide aims to take the headache out of your camera setup procedure while giving you some useful information about Amcrest camera troubleshooting.
Table of Contents
Amcrest Camera Setup – A Complete Guide
Amcrest offers a wide range of home security cameras with different features and functionality, and the setup process can vary between models. While the WiFi camera is quite simple to install and set up, others can be a little complicated and require some effort. How you set up your camera also depends on how you use it – wireless or wired. You might want local as well as remote access. Other considerations include how you record and store the footage.
The first way to set up the Amcrest camera is to use apps designed to access and manage the equipment. To do this, you can get Amcrest View Lite or View Pro available for free from the company. These apps can be used on your tablet or smartphone. The apps facilitate a quick setup procedure to get direct live access to your camera, no matter where you are at any given time. You can start controlling all the essential features, including Two-way radio, Recording, Snapshots, Pan/Tilt/Zoom, and others.
You can start by downloading the Amcrest View Lite app from your Google play store or iOS app store. First, connect the camera to a power source using the included adapter. In just a few minutes, you see the rear unit displaying a green LED light, which means it is ready to use. Next, you can connect your device to the home’s WiFi. Now you can follow some simple steps to start controlling your camera from your smartphone or tablet.
– Open the app on your device
– Click on the icon for Menu on the left corner
– Choose the ‘Device Manager’ option
– The next screen should show you a ‘+’ sign, which takes you to the ‘Add Device’ option
– Select ‘WiFi Configuration’
– Give a desired name to the camera connection
– Select the ‘QR code’ option and scan the QR code found on your camera
– Clicking on the Next button prompts to enter your WiFi password
– It takes some time before your camera connects to the network
– Once connected, click on the ‘Start Live Preview’ option to see the Live Preview screen
Your camera is now connected to the wireless network, and you can find all the required icons at the bottom of your tablet or smartphone screen.
How To Setup Amcrest Camera?
Amcrest cameras can be set up to stream the video on the computer. This type of connection can be either wired or wireless. To use it over a wireless network, you should first set up the smartphone using the instructions given above. A wired connection is more stable and consistent than wireless, particularly when the WiFi network has an inconsistent signal. Moreover, you benefit from the bigger screen when connecting the camera to notebooks and desktops. Once set up for desktop, you can access all the camera features through a web browser.
Setting up the Amcrest camera for desktop is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps you can follow.
– Connect the camera to the power supply using the included adapter
– Next, connect it to a router with the help of the Ethernet cable
– Insert the disk into the drive and wait for the IP configuration software to install
– When installed, open the software and click the ‘Refresh’ button
– Use the ‘Browser’ button to open its interface in your web browser
– Log in to the camera using the default username and password
If you log into the Amcrest security camera for the first time, you are asked to change your password. You can choose a new, secure password for future logins.
Amcrest WiFi Camera Setup
Connecting your Amcrest camera to your WiFi connection is simple. You can easily accomplish it with the help of Amcrest setup apps available for your smartphone and tablet. Once it is on the internet, you can also set up the camera for use with P2P, which allows pairing it to multiple devices simultaneously. Here are the steps you can follow to set up your Amcrest WiFi camera for P2P.
– Connect the camera to the power supply using the adapter included
– Ensure a wired or wireless connection to the internet
– Open the Amcrest app from your smartphone or tablet
– Click on the ‘Device Manager’ option from the menu icon on the top left
– Select ‘P2P’ by clicking on the ‘+’ icon in the Device Manager
– Next, you can name your camera to your liking
– Scan the QR code available on the camera in the ‘QR code’ field
– Once you scan the code, you get the login screen where you can change your username and password
– Clicking on the ‘Next’ button connects the device to your camera
– You can use the ‘Start Live Preview’ option to start using the camera with your devices
This way, you can connect the Amcrest camera to your devices and start viewing it from any phone or tablet.
Amcrest Camera Not Connecting To WiFi? Here’s What To Do
Failure to connect to WiFi is a common problem reported by security camera users. You can sometimes see the camera dropping the connection to the network or showing a connection error. Your camera can fail to connect to the WiFi or be unable to find WiFi. There are many reasons this problem occurs, and it can be resolved easily through some quick fixes.
Make sure the camera is powered on
One of the biggest reasons you encounter a problem with a security camera is the power issue. When you find a WiFi connectivity error, you should first check that the wireless camera’s power supply is suitably available. Ensure that the camera is connected to the power supply with the adapter.
Check that the connection is configured correctly
If your camera experiences a problem connecting to the WiFi, you can open the app on your device to make sure you have configured the connection to the network.
Make sure the password is correct
Often, your camera fails to connect to the WiFi network because the password is not correct. Check the username and password details in the app configuration and ensure the password you have entered to log in to the camera is accurate.
Ensure there is no signal interference
Your camera can find it difficult to connect to the WiFi if the signal is not stable. Your camera may be too far from the router. Check this distance and make sure you see a proper signal in the settings from the app. Bringing the camera closer to the router can resolve this issue.
Amcrest Camera Microphone Not Working? Troubleshooting Guidelines
Your Amcrest camera comes with a built-in microphone that stays activated by default. However, at times, you encounter a problem, and the microphone doesn’t work correctly. That is one of the most common issues users face. The first thing you should do to troubleshoot this problem is to check that you have the latest version of the software to access the camera.
If your Amcrest microphone doesn’t work even after updating the software, you can use the following steps.
– On your Windows PC, open the ‘Device Manager’ from the Computer Management menu. Check the Audio inputs/outputs drop-down menu to make sure you can see the Microphone driver.
– Next, go to the software you are using and tap the Settings menu to ensure it registers the microphone.
– For Windows 10, you can access the Privacy Settings to enable the option ‘Allow desktop apps to access your camera.’ You can find similar microphone settings to verify that the microphone is not set to mute for the software. Also, make sure the security software is not blocked using an external device. You should also check for the microphone’s input level to verify that it is set to max.
If these steps don’t work, you can locate the camera on your computer and uninstall it. Then, connect it again and restart. The camera automatically installs on the system with new drivers. Once this is done, go to the software to check if the microphone works.
Many of us find it difficult to set up the Amcrest WiFi camera. However, with the right information and patience, it is pretty straightforward. We hope this guide helps you set up your Amcrest camera quickly. With this setup guide and troubleshooting tips, you should find it easy to use your Amcrest security camera to its best without any problem.